Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's almost 5am, and I'm still awake writing a blog.

Lately i've been feeling like a tether ball between my doctors. One wants this, one doesn't, one doesn't like the way the other is doing something, vice versa.... I am just the one getting the punishment for it... no fair.

Anyway, I went to UCD on Weds and I weighed a whopping 99 lbs, watch out Vin Diesel, here I come ;) Naahh but I did gain weight since I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago (a whole 5 lbs).

I am a little pissed at myself because I forgot to ask what my PFT's were, but it's probably better I don't know, considering i've been sick lately, and it would just put me down if I did. I'm imagining somewhere in the 40's though. Before my whole GBS thing in Jan my borderline was around 60-70, so my goal for NOW is 55. Let's hope I get there soon.

We talked about the Mycobacterium that I am culturing and if it is MAC or not, obviously the cultures are not fully grown yet, but if it does turn out to be MAC, it may be treatable on oral antibiotics, just a very long course... (maybe 18 months). If it is a different type, we may have to keep in my broviach and do some IV antibiotics.

As for now I am in the Azithro and Cipro, they took me off of the Primaxin, which was making me utterly sick. Hopefully we wont ever have to do that again. Ugh. I've never really had a bad reaction to antibiotics, besides Vanco, but that was just a rash.

I'm running less fevers now, I am taking the occasional Tylenol if I feel I am creeping up a fever, or something. I have my norcos for pain, and I am happy lol. That's about all as my health is concerned... so I guess I am going to... It's like almost 5am and i'm still up. Goodnight to anyone who reads this :) ! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment